ADVANCED GROUP RESERVATION POLICY IN SUNNYVALE
In order to provide the greatest flexibility and ease of scheduling, Advanced Reservations are available at the Sunnyvale Tennis Center. These reservations are granted by special arrangement through the tennis center administrative office and must be submitted via email with the following information:
- Date and start-time of event
- Purpose of event (Description)
- Number of courts requested
- Court time duration
Definition of Advanced Reservation: Any reservation of 2 or more courts requested at a minimum of 9 days and a maximum of 2 years prior to the event. These reservations are conditional and must be approved by the General Manager of the facility.
Consideration of any Advanced Reservation is based on the following priority schedule:
- Any City of Sunnyvale sponsored event. (up to two years in advance)
- Sanctioned tournaments (USTA) (up to 18 months in advance)
- Community organization / corporate events (up to one year in advance)
- Instructional programs / Lessons (up to 6 months in advance) *
- USTA / Interclub Leagues (up to 6 months in advance)
* Only Lifetime Activities employees are allowed to teach lessons. 3rd party instruction not permitted on Sunnyvale courts.
Advanced reservation fees are $3.00 per hour, per court in addition to our stated hourly prime-time court fees of $12.00 per hour for Sunnyvale residents and $14.00 per hour for non-residents. Non-prime-time court fees are $6.00 per hour for Sunnyvale residents and $7.00 for non-residents.
Court fee calculation example: If a Sunnyvale resident wishes to reserve 3 courts for 2 hours, fees would be calculated in the following way: 2 hours x 3 courts x $12.00 + $3.00 ($15.00) = $90.00 total event fee. Non-residents would use the following calculation: 2 hours x 3 courts x $14.00 + $3.00 ($17.00) = $102.00 total event fee.
Once advance reservations are scheduled, all fees are due 9 days prior to the event. In regards to USTA team play, season fees are due 9-days prior to start of league.
Sunnyvale Tennis Center Rain Policy
During the winter months court conditions can change rapidly. During times of inclement weather, we highly recommend contacting our front desk @ 408-735-7285 for current court conditions. Playability for all reservations including Advanced Group Reservations are determined by Lifetime Activities staff. Any event cancellations including USTA league play, 8 days prior to event must be granted by Lifetime Activities staff. We make every effort to dry or prepare courts, however Lifetime Activities cannot guarantee playability at the time of your event or match.