INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCEDURE & MAKE-UP POLICY IN WALNUT CREEK
Inclement Weather Procedure
During inclement weather please call 925-945-0105 no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the start of your class.
Please DO NOT call any sooner as weather conditions change from hour to hour.
Make-up Class Policy
- Classes cancelled due to inclement weather will be rescheduled as time and weather permits at Lifetime Activities’ discretion.
- One make-up will be offered per class cancellation. Make-ups are typically scheduled during youth camp weeks.
- Opt-in to our SMS update service to receive notifications about class cancellations; valid mobile phone number on file required.
- Make-up schedule will be communicated via email within a week of the original class date; valid email on file required. Make-up schedule can also be found HERE.
- Make-up classes are not offered for personal absences including those due to covid-19.
- Students CANNOT make-up an absence in another class.
- No Credits or refunds due to non-attendance.
Air Quality Policy
Lifetime Activities bases the measure of air quality on information provided by Airnow.gov. In the event that air quality levels affect our ability to run programs, the following policy applies:
When the air quality index is RED or higher (151+) all park and recreation programs will be canceled and issued a make up. It is our aim to inform students via email no later than 30 minutes prior to class start time.
When the air quality index is ORANGE (101-150), all park and recreation programs will continue to run as scheduled. Individuals with air quality sensitivities who opt not to attend may request an accommodation via this form:
All requests for accommodation must be submitted via the form no later than the class start time on the day of the AQI-impacted program. One form per student – please fill out a new form for each family member if there are multiple students in the same program.
Weather may change up to and during class time, management reserves the right to make adjustments based on conditions.
USTA Inclement Weather Procedure
During the winter months, court conditions can change rapidly. Lifetime Activities staff will determine court playability during inclement weather.
In order to avoid redundancy, only the home team captain or designee shall call the office to check court conditions. The home team captain is responsible for notifying his/her team and communicating with the away team. The captain is not to assume a rain out without first speaking with a member of Lifetime Activities.
Matches cannot be cancelled more than 3 hours prior to match start time. Daytime matches starting at 9:30 or earlier may call the office at 8am.
Once a Match has been officially rained out and canceled the home Captain is responsible for contacting the USTA Coordinator to reschedule their match.
Drying the courts can take some time and often depends on weather conditions. Even after removing all puddles and standing water, courts may still be too slick to play. When staff is available, every effort will be made to dry the courts in a timely fashion.
Lifetime Activities cannot guarantee that your court will be playable in time for your league match. Dry courts are allocated first to Park and Recreation programs before league matches.
For any questions, please contact your USTA or Daytime Match Coordinator.