Registration & Refund Policy
- Must register and pay for a class prior to the first attendance.
- Registrations can be made in person or online. Registrations are NOT accepted by phone.
- Late registrations can be prorated when signing up in person only.
- Prorating cannot be done in advance, as priority is given to those that can attend a full session.
- Programs may be combined or cancelled based on registration numbers.
- Participants may be reassigned according to age, ability, and class size.
Refunds (Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Pleasanton, Walnut Creek)
- Full refunds will be granted if requested no less than 10 days prior to the first class/camp meeting of the session.
- Refund requests received after this time, but at least 5 working days prior to the first class/camp meeting, will be assessed a $5 administrative fee per class, and will not receive a refund, but rather a credit on your Lifetime Activities account.
- No refunds or credits will be issued for requests received less than 5 working days prior to the first class/camp meeting.
- No refunds will be given for non-attendance or for any reason other than a cancellation by Lifetime Activities.
- All pro-shop purchases are final sale. No refunds or credits will be granted.
View Cupertino City Refund Policy HERE
- Private lessons and packages are non refundable.
- Private lessons do not expire.
- Lifetime Activities requires 24 hours cancellation notice for any scheduled private lessons.
- If cancellation notice is received less than 24 hours prior, the cost of the private lesson will be applied to your account.
- Class transfers can be requested up to 5 days prior to the first class meeting.
- Transfer request made less than 5 days prior to the first class meeting will only be granted if it does not interrupt the class you wish to withdraw from. (Example: Most classes need a minimum of 4 students to run the class. If there are only 4 students in the class you wish to withdraw from, you may not transfer out because